Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning on getting a new set of wheels for my 2006 for Christmas :D The only thing is, I won't be able to get new tires at the same time, that may have to wait till summer. If I get wheels to fit my stock size tires now, will I be able to upgrade to a bigger size, say 285/70/R17 without much trouble? I wasn't sure because I don't know how the whole offset thing works.

Also, opinions on these wheels for my truck?

My truck
Ultra Baron Wheels

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
I am making the assumption that your OE wheel is a 17" and that your current tire is either a 245/70R17 or 265/70R17.

Depending on the offset of the wheel you choose you might have a clearance issue at full turn if you go to a 285/70 tire. If you go with a 0 offset or a -negative offset you can just about count on clearance (rub). My guess is that your factory wheel is a positive offset.

You can always add a leveling kit and that will give you additional clearance for larger tires.

Regarding the Ultra Baron wheels I think they would look great on your truck. We have a set of those on my wife's 2012 J**p and they have held up great for the past year and a half.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
EDIT:
Sorry guys I forgot to mention my truck has 17" wheels with 265/70R17 tires and is leveled two inches.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.