Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a OTC Encore I was wonder if this will allow me to turn off my Active Fuel Management system. Truck been skipping on #6 for a while tore it down and the AFM lifter for that cylinder is in very bad condition. I am gonna order a new kit from summit that will replace all the AFM lifters engine valley cover everything except a new cam. Put I have to find a scan tool that will turn the AFM off in the computer in my truck. Any help is greatly appreciated

· Registered
2,249 Posts
You need to contact them. I would think for the price of the Encore that it would change the lifters out for you.
My guess is that it would delete AFM but I wouldn't even know how to use it.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's a pretty good job one of the AFM lifters was sticking not sealing and all sort of stuff when I got the heads off and the lifters out sure enough it was the AFM lifter. Since I got the motor torn down so far I would rather just eliminate the AFM all together Summitt sells several cam and lifter kits to eliminate it. I guess I need to call OTC and see if the encore can turn it off in the ECM.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.