Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My GMC Sierra 2013 radio starts a continuous scanning when raise or lower the volume from steering wheel, tunning. It is frustrating.

Is there any solution for this kind of problem could be done(nearest GMC garage is 200+ miles).

Thanks....

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any luck on this problem? I am having the same issue on 2011 gmc Sierra. In addition when I crank the truck it begins scan. Takes pressing a preprogrammed station 3 times to stop the scan. Any help would be great.
- Matt

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
I might possibly be able to help so hang in there and don't interpret me as talking down to you as that is not my intention, I'm not an electrical genius by any means. What I do know is the steering wheel controls volume up/down is on the back of the wheel. The symbols on front that look like ^ and v are to seek scan between stations not presets. If you use the button that looks like |> is the advance through the radio presets. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone figured this out yet? Mine has been doing it for a while now. Just in the last couple days it has also started to do it when I hit the turn signal on occasion and even cut out for a split second when first bumping the turn signal. I'm getting about sick of the wiring gremlins. Please help. I really don't want to take it to the dealership.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have this same problem, and just solved it. It turns out that the steering wheel control button marked |> was stuck in the pressed position. I lifted it up with my finger nail and the problem immediately went away.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same deal radio was acting wonky, press volume up and would switch bands usually to am the xm then fm everytime I pushed the volume up or down button. Looked at the steering wheel and sure as shit the src button was stuck in the pressed position. Juggled it and back to normal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.