Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried searching here and the web but can't find the answer.

Does anybody know if the Zone upper control arms will work with stock wheels, specifically the 2008 LTZ 20s? All of the other upper control arms that are available for the GMT-900 trucks say that they will not work with stock wheels, or you'll need a spacer, which I don't want to use.

I couldn't find anything on their site about them not working with stock wheels so I contact them and they said they "should" work and to check clearances once installed. I believe them but I also wanted to check and see if anybody here has them and running stock 20's with or without any issues.

I currently have the RC forged arms but haven't been impressed with them. First they used press-on boots which I tore one when I installed them but the biggest gripe with them is that you cannot use a balljoint press to remove them due to the design and angle the cup is at (it's not completely flat). Plus I think one of the balljoints is already bad and they are not even 2 years old. It's not easy for me to take them to a shop to have them pressed out so I need to do this at home.

The Zone arms looks to be better quality and I could easily replace the ball joints if the time came. If the Zone arms won't work, are there any that will work with stock wheels? I have a 2.5" level as well.

If these arms work won't with stock wheels and I need to keep the RC arms, do you think a ball joint can be removed with an air hammer?

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Did some more looking and found a few more companies that make UCs for my truck.

Has anybody used KSP or JBA?

The JBA seems to be really popular in the Toyota world. They use Moog K6292 ball joints which bolt-in which would make it worlds easier to replace if needed but their own ball joints supposedly have a better range of motion. The price seems to be in line with others. I just need to make sure they work with factory 20" wheels.

The one thing I like more about the Zone arms is that they use factory-style bushing at the frame mount.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts