Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
181 - 191 of 191 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Silverado ECSB 6.0
1,992 Posts
My hearing protection also has Bluetooth so sometimes I listen to podcasts in one ear too. Or the Dan bongino show when it's on.
Yeah I don't wear ears when I am in a blind but those bluetooth hearing protections are what some people wear at work. I would love a pair but it isn't needed for me

·
Premium Member
2009 5.3l 6l80
4,058 Posts
Although I am poking fun about the nice stands, I wouldn't mind having one when my two little ones are ready to go. I don't care to hunt since there are not any swamp donkeys where we normally hunt.. now if I had the chance to encounter a 170 score every time I went maybe so. We do get the occasional (unlucky) nice one to walk out but mainly go for meat.

How is the space in that one with you and your daughter in there? do you have to worry about bumping elbows on the walls?

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #184 ·
I built this hut 4'x6' and with two desk chairs in here I wish I'd gone 6'x6'...and my daughter is main reason I built it b'c we outgrew my old stand that was in this location...

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW ace using Tapatalk

·
Registered
688 Posts
5x5 works for an adult and child, but 4x6 or 6x6 is even better.

We've got a 3 person 5x8 at mY cousins place near Jackson MI that was built to get 2x kiddos out there to sit with an adult.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
688 Posts
They're rhe ones - at least up here - that like to leave presents on our elevated blind steps/entey platforms.

I just don't see foxes climbing up and down the stairs to hang out for a bit and take a sh!t.

Whereas that's totally MO for a raccoon to go up there and shelter out of some weather and crap while they're hanging out.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #190 · (Edited)
After my snacks...that are in a metal ammo can sitting in floor of the hut.

Very well could have been a raccoon...I've got pics of both critters on game camera out here. Immediate thought was one of the three gray foxes as they've been seen more frequently on camera. But after you said, raccoon ...I remembered that I had one pic with four of them in it at same time.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW ace using Tapatalk

·
Registered
688 Posts
I meant bring a snack up go munch on... like some scavenged critter, or maybe corn cob, etc

Totally get ya on critter proofing any food in the shack. Don't want the mice getting into stuff.

Holiday popcorn tins after they're empty work well for storing stuff like TP, a roll of blue shop towels, etc. Things that would take up a lot of room, or are too big to fit in a 50cal can.

They're even big enough to store a small seat cushion or hot seat in.

181 - 191 of 191 Posts