Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to buy a new set of tires, specifically an off road only set. I am currently running 285/75R17 Nitto Terra Grapplers as my everyday drive tires. My truck has also ran on 35x12.50R17 Trail Grapplers. I am looking at the Wrangler Duratrac in a 315/70R17, might even increase them to an 18. I need some personal opinions, I am real sketchy when it comes to buying tires. I need something that stands out but run well. I was originally looking at General Grabbers but never heard anything too exciting about them. My truck is on a 6 inch lift so I know that particular size will fit perfectly.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Scratch that, I found other threads. Just wasting space it seems.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not only that I found them under the "similar topics" area.

·
Registered
2009 Silverado LT 4WD
9,464 Posts
Yup plenty of them there, just FYI the Duratrac is a great tire and usually gets great reviews on here... It's a option for my next choice as a tire also...

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Awesome thanks for the info guys. I read up on the other threads, you're not kidding about the other reviews. Looks like my next set of tires has already been figured out.

·
Registered
949 Posts
ImageUploadedByAG Free1383191423.941659.jpg

I love my duratracs. Pull very well when I needed them, subtle hum, and my tire guy pretty much did all but actually guarantee me 50,000 miles if I rotate them like I'm supposed to and keep correct air pressures. Guess I'll see how that goes, haha.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Attachments

·
Registered
7,399 Posts
I ran Dtracs on both my Jeeps; I wish they were also available in P metric sizes for my Silvy so I could keep the un-sprung weight down.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
I've had the Duratracs on both my own and my work vehicles for the last 4 years and for me, they're one of the best tires I've ever run in the winter! :grin:

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My next set of tires is maybe a month or so down the road. It was between the duratrac or the trail graps. But because of everything I have heard about the duratracs and their price that is definitely my next set.

·
Registered
776 Posts
I switched from those same nitto's to the duratrac's & I'm happy. I would recommend them

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
You might check out he Cooper STT's. They look like the trail graps. I've had mine for about 4300 miles and really like them. There's pics in my album I'm on my phone and it's a pain attaching them.

·
Registered
776 Posts
The STT's are awesome. I had a set on my 06, I got a lot of compliments on how they looked. Driving on them was great

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Everyone that I have talked to whom have owned or still run a set of the Grabbers have given me poor reviews.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I realize this thread might be dead, but I just stumbled across it. I've been running Duratracs or about 3500 miles now. I haven't really tested them too much, but I am extremely happy with the way they drive. A slight hum but only really noticeable when you want to hear it. The fact that they look great and are Goodyear's are a giant bonus.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.