Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Gonna be a busy weekend. New shoes for both the wife's Ralliart and my Silverado. Somewhere tucked in there is also a 3.5" RC lift, 1.5" wheel spacers, Bushwacker pocket flares, and new color matched mirror caps and door handles.

Of course before and after pictures will be posted on Monday.
ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1384272797.924198.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,194 Posts
Nice stack o' rubbers... Is that snow in the treads?...

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Good luck on deciding to white letter out or white letter in. My 2013 is the first time I have run the letters in (hidden). I go in phases were I wish I had them facing out but few times I brush a curb I am glad they are in. Make sure to throw us a pic when the new meats on.

·
Super Moderator
10,194 Posts
Front porch, huh? Funny to me, because when I last ordered rubbers, BFGs as well, also shipped by UPS.. The delivery driver stacked them on my deck out back, but clearly visible from the driveway. They also left a grease ring on the deck for months until I finally restained it. I fought with UPS about it, and they claimed BFG was to blame, and that out back was the standard delivery location for large items. All I got was $100, and truck to door delivery on every shipment of anything since that date... Even stuff for my wife, now gets a knock on the door and a faux smile..

And our snow is supposed to be gone by the weekend, 50's and 60's maybe.. Just enough to let me finish the fall clean up..

·
Registered
51 Posts
Well, got most of the parts on this weekend. Still have to get the Bushwackers painted and put on.

Had to do the NorCal fender mod, but love the final look. Not really sure if I even want to put the flares on.
ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1384737464.266621.jpg
ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1384737474.452945.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I just about have to beg the better-half to get anything for my 08... She's not really a truck person and doesn't understand why I have to make my truck look different than everyone else. I still hope to bet the RC 4.75 Lift and new tires... I've got till Spring to convince her.... ;) ;) :cool:

·
Registered
706 Posts
Cant believe you had to do NorCAl mod. 285/65/18 fit with no rubbing on a 2.5 leveling kit only. I am running 295/65/18 duratracs with the 2" leveling kit and they rub a little when close to full lock. Have a RC 3.5 premium lift and was hoping that would fix issue. If not may be selling for the 5" or 7.5" lift hearing this

·
Registered
2009 Silverado LT 4WD
9,464 Posts
Duxx said:
Somewhere tucked in there is also a 3.5" RC lift, 1.5" wheel spacers
While your tire diameters & width are close, he's running 1.5" wheel spacers on his stock wheels, that's pushing his tires out, that's causing the rubbing....for the NorCal mod...you should be fine with your tire/ wheel combo on RC 3.5" lift...

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm really torn on the pocket flares. I love the toughness that they add to a truck, but I'm not sure if I have enough tire sticking out to merit them.

Anyone know AA's return policy right off hand?

ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1384785313.648714.jpg
ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1384785343.304663.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah, I looked at those, but decided on the pocket flares because of the sharp lines and flat faces that they had. The pics of the extend ones looked a lot more rounded and bubbly. I held one up at both the front and the back yesterday, and they didn't look too terrible. My biggest thing with wanting flares is to protect the sides of my truck, since I am on gravel every once in a while.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.