Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, y'all! New to the SS Board, happy to be part of it!

I've been a Bowtie aficionado since before I was born. This might be TMI, but I believe I may have been conceived in my Father's '79 Custom Deluxe Silverado! That gorgeous piece of machinery is sittin in our garage today, and runs like a champ. My first Silverado was a Charcoal Gray 2006 Extended Cab LT. I rolled that puppy over 1 year before I paid it off! Fortunately, I had taken such great care of it, the insurance company cut me a fat check. A week later, I purchased a 2010 Victory Red (in rememberance of the blood I spilled as a result of my roll over), Extended Cab LS. A little over a year later, I decided to trade in my '10 for a KIA (please don't judge me!). I was trying to be more financially responsible since my Wife and I had just purchased a home. Needless to say, less than a year later, my rear end was having withdrawals and I traded in the KIA and purchased a Black 2013 Silverado Regular Cab LT. I had wanted this exact same set up since I was in high school.

Long story short, I can't picture myself driving anything but a Silverado from now on! This is the first Silverado forum I've ever joined, and it has to do with the fact I really enjoy my new truck, and this forum appears to be an excellent resource.

Glad to meet y'all! We'll be in touch!

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Welcome! We have a lot of great people here that will no doubt try to help you spend all your money on mods!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome!

I'll be posting up some pics soon...as soon as I install the Truxedo Lo Pro QT and some AVS In Channel Vent Visors. I already have the tonneau, but for some reason, Truxedo sends you clamps to utilize in the stake pockets if you order the tonneau for a 2013. I don't want to utilize the pockets, so they should be sending me some more standard clamps soon.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm not exactly a gear head, but I'm sure I'll get some excellent ideas and advice by navigating the forums.

I've installed IONIC 3" Nerf Bars, chrome door and tailgate door handles, and I'll soon be installing AVS In Channel Vent Visors, and a Truxedo Lo Pro QT Tonneau Cover. I plan on buying some slightly more aggressive thread tires once the stock tires wear out. I like the stock chrome rims, so those will be staying on. Aside from that, I've always wanted to research exhaust systems. I'm sure there's plenty of threads on that.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Welcome to the best site in the world for Silverado and Sierra owners!

Great opening story! :grin:

·
Registered
2014 LTZ 5.3 6 sp
6,878 Posts
Hello and welcome from Truro Nova Scotia >>> Gotta love a Black RCSB LT >>> pics needed for sure >

·
Registered
7,399 Posts
Welcome Aboard! :cool:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I went ahead and uploaded a few pics of my current and former Silverados to my profile. Here's a pic of our new baby...I haven't installed the Lo Pro QT or the AVS visors yet, but I was excited about joining the forum and decided to post a pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Here's the finished product...sort of. I still plan on getting the windows tinted.

-AVS Bugflector II
-AVS In Channel Window Visors
-IONIC 3" Nerf Bars
-Chrome Door Handle Covers (side doors and tailgate door)
-Truxedo Lo Pro QT Tonneau Cover
-Chevy Bowtie Logo Valve Stem Caps

Nothing too fancy, just a purty li'l black Chevy!

Attachments

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I go back and forth between the 619 and LA these days.

I had the "pleasure" of living in Watts, Inglewood, and Hawthorne growing up! Huntington Park was my "headquarters". Lovely cities...if you're into gang violence.

You might recognize Mexico in the background on the image above.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.