Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 15 of 34 Posts

· Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed a grinding noise when i make a left or right turn.. . I don't hear it all the time its random. mostly on an incline. I can feel it in my steering wheel and seems like the truck slows down when this is happening.. I was out today and did a U turn to the left and heard it really bad ... I'm not sure if its in my lift of its an over turn from my tires .. any help will be appreciated

· Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did try that .. i watched the tires for any rubbing. all is clear . no rubbing marking anywhere . I't don't have to be at full turn when it happens

· Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ill take it to the dealer let them figure it out .. It's only got 10k miles on the truck and 3K on the lift

· Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
True.. I just want it fixed .. I'll call the Shop that installed the lift tomorrow

· Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This makes more since then a wheel bearing going out in 3k miles .. its dark here now but i will check tomorrow and i do get my T/C light on sometimes I will check that also

· Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks I will check it out .. I put some white duct tape to see is that where its rubbing .. I hate to cut up a 50K truck if I don't need to. I will drive it for a few days and keep an eye on it. Looks like like its more on the passenger side where I have a rub I'll let u know

· Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Ok so I have had my T/C off for the last 2 days and watching my dash every time I turn ... even know my T/C is off . I still see the light still engage and I hear that gringing noise . Any way to disable that

· Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I though it was a fender rub.. But I took some White duct tape and placed over the plastic area where you thought it had a rub.. Figured White duct tape. Black tire.I would see tire marks it the tape would be gone... . after 2 days Tape is still very clean and white .. so now I'm really thinking its the T/C My rims are 20x10 with a -18 offset

· Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Im going to moms this weekend .. where the hills in Florida are .. I'll try that when I'm there. I did have a 2012 silveraldo ..and the wheel well is a tad bit bigger in this model.
I'll check the ABS lines tomorrow and see how he has then zip tied .. might be the issue

· Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I just went and checked mine its zip ties in 2 spots and the 2 connectors on the UCA its connected to .. I loosen it to but tomorrow in the day time i will get it looser

· Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Could I splice in the wires and all wire to make them longer .. will that affect T/C it just unplug it .. Really dont need it with the bigger tires

· Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
yup tried the zip tie .. sill having problems and seem to get worse over time... I'll try that

· Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Not sure .I need to take some time and really go thru it .. its hard to really find time

1 - 15 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.