Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for advice on installing an H11 Lighting kit in my 2011 GMC 1500.

I am set on this kit...

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/compl ... kz7n9-rSV4

And I think I will buy a set of housings off ebay just to be safe...lol and install the kit in them

How hard is it to split these to install them? Will a heat gun be adequate enough?

· Registered
2017 Silverado LTZ Z71
4,803 Posts
Mini D2S won't fit. Bucket isn't deep enough.

You need the H1 or Mini H1 to fit in these housings.

· Supr Moderator AutoTech SS-Guru Mbr Extraordinaire
2015 High Country Duramax
19,428 Posts
Well if you want a bolt in install then they may not fit. But if your going all out then that wouldn't matter. But if that's the case, there are better projectors they sell if your cutting the housings anyway

· Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I just want a bolt in set. What do you suggest?

· Registered
798 Posts
The Mini H1 kit. I believe someone out there is selling H11 adapters which take the rotational aiming out...

Honestly, the MH1 is one of the best projectors out there, the amount of work for very little output gain is just not worth all of the extra effort unless you are a true retrofit snob that needs to have the parts to brag about.

Edit: Just to make sure you are clear, no matter what you will have to bake your headlights and remove the lenses... this is not a difficult task but turns a lot of people off of retrofitting...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.