Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,194 Posts
At first, I wasn't a fan of halo style headlights on trucks. But seeing them more and more, and now as a stock part of some 2014's I think, I've come to appreciate the look.

That being said, that is the best price I've seen for halo headlights, and thosother kits didn't include the HID setup like your link does.

If I had the money, and a truck newer than 2006, I might add these to my list for Santa this year.

·
Registered
539 Posts
ya those look awesome man. i have the black ones just like that and i love them!

If you do end up getting them. do the ccfl halo upgrade. i have just led halos, they arent very bright and the halo ring looks almost like a gel.. its weird..

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
My personal opinion is they look pretty ricer. Better suited to fart can Hondas.

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
I'm not a fan of them. The only ones I have seen have crappy light output. Retrofitting your own headlights would be a much better option in my opinion, but it will cost you alot more.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have been going back and forth on this for weeks...I think this set up will look clean...I hope. Ha I have a white 09 with freshly painted front bumper and grill. Hoping these will be final touch. Keep opinions coming!

·
Super Moderator
10,194 Posts
That's a real nice look. You say cheap on Ebay? Can you post the listing?..

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've bounced this around ever since I had my 09. I'm a light nut after being deployed. If I can't see at night like day, I'm not happy. Just haven't figured out if I want to bite on it or not. Keep us updated if you go with it.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Find a pair with the CCFL Halos already installed. LED halos are junk. Also I find aftermarket projectors to have poor light output. I just went back to factory headlights on my truck with HIDs.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Both the OPs set and the eBay set look pretty cheap. I've been thinking of this as a Christmas gift for the truck. As someone else said keep us updated on what you decide to do and as always it didn't happen if you don't have pictures

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
10 Posts
035.3Z71 said:
Find a pair with the CCFL Halos already installed. LED halos are junk. Also I find aftermarket projectors to have poor light output. I just went back to factory headlights on my truck with HIDs.
How do you like the HIDs? I've beat this idea to death as well. Didn't know if it was worth messing with ballasts goin out or any other pain.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.