Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

Handheld Tuners

5K views 51 replies 15 participants last post by  Krich 
#1 ·
I've spent the money on other vehicles to have a shop tune done by someone claiming to be an expert and didn't see much different between what they did verses a hand held tuner... this considering my vehicles have all basically been stock expect for a few common bolt on stuff (CAI, turbo muffler,etc)

If I were building a customer performance engine, I'd seek out a shop to go get a customer tune... but, I'm not doing that this time around.

So, with that being said... what are supposed to be the best hand help tuners these days?

Last Silverado I had was a 2014 2WD with 5.3L and 6 speed auto tranny and I used the Hypertech 2000 (Max Energy Tuning) to turn off AFM and do the tune.

I was pretty happy with it as it seemed to be a mild tune that increased performance a little. I sold the truck to a buddy of mine and it's still running great so no adverse results.

So, is there anything I should be lookin at other than the Hypertech 2000 (Max Energy Tuning) for doing tune using a hand held tuner?

See less See more
#28 · (Edited)
Correct... and not an issue...

#29 ·
If you are not wanting to go with a Lew tune, then pony up, buy EFI Live, and go have fun. Other than going thru Blackbear (if they are still around) its the only way you are going to get a worthwhile tune outside of Lew. Handheld tuners are ok, but a whole laptop with EFI Live will open doors you never knew existed before.

#39 ·

So, with that being said... what are supposed to be the best hand held tuners these days?
So, is there anything I should be lookin at other than the Hypertech 2000 (Max Energy Tuning) for doing tune using a hand held tuner?
What am I missing here? This ^ was the question you asked. You got 100% accurate and helpful answers. Then you got your panties in a wad because you didn't like said answers. Why did you even ask then?

The Diablosport i3 tuner is a hand held tuner.

The Diablosport i3 tuner comes with canned, 50-state legal tunes.

You may not like the name, or the price point, but it is exactly what you asked about. You seem to be really agitated by the fact that, in direct answer to your question, people almost unanimously said the Diablosport i3 is the best hand held tuner.

Anyway, after stumbling upon this thread I decided to get a Diablosport i3 tuner. I almost think it was your bizarre reaction to it that sold me on it rather than all of the great reviews. You should be getting the commission.

I also went with the DiabLew tune. Lew has been really great to work with so far. The tuner arrived yesterday but my truck is still in the body shop so I can't hook it up yet. Can't wait to get started!

Here is the Diablosport tuner being held in my hand.

Hand Mobile phone Telephony Mobile device Communication Device

#40 ·
The Diablosport i3 tuner is a hand held tuner.
Yes, and I stated I don't use products that use satan as their mascot.

You may not like the name, or the price point, but it is exactly what you asked about
Yes, so let's move on and talk about some other product of which there are numerous options just as good as satan's tuner.

You seem to be really agitated
You are in error. I'm as happy as a pig in the sunshine YO!
Yellow Font Eyelash Pattern Fur

I almost think it was your bizarre reaction to it that sold me on it
Well, don't forget the put the 666 sticker on yer bumper!

#43 ·
You are in error. I'm as happy as a pig in the sunshine YO!
So then why did you change your username from Rockrz to Krich?? You must be really paranoid that the devil's gonna get'cha! LOL!!

#41 ·
Sounds like Hypertech worked great for you. (y)

#48 ·
FYI, it's a temporary 'vacation'.

• Wow
Reactions: tsuintx
#51 ·
I think you need to pull your ECU and throw it in the trash and then run a megasquirt 3. And do everything completely custom. Forget all these tuning companies.

Reactions: hanback and tsuintx
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.