Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a weird one. The first time I start my truck for the day, it usually starts right up, no problems and sounds great. I have an 03 silverado 1500 v6.

I have been noticing that if I drive my truck and then go to start it a couple hours later after that initial start, there is a hesitation. It takes a second or two for it to turn over. Its not instant. If I were to then try to restart it after it has started, it will turn over perfectly on the second time. I have never noticed it first start of the day either which is weird. I thought it was a pressure issue but if that was the case it would happen the first start of the day. I just drove my truck and it never did it this morning or on my ride home for work, I just turned my truck over to check something an hour and a half later and it sounded like it was having issues turning over. But then I tried it again and it was perfect. It has done this a handful of times since owning the truck. I have only owned it for about 10 days.

I changed the fuel filter and this seemed to help and the delay in turning over got smaller when I did this, but its still there and noticeable. Sometimes worse than others...

I thought it was dirty fuel injectors so I added a bottle of seafoam with a full tank of gas, I am about half way through the tank of gas and its still happening.

No codes

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have the 4.3 L, noticed the fuel lines come in from the back end/top of the driver side and there is a test plug for the fuel pressure. Going to harbor freight today to buy a guage. When I take my pressure test and get a reading, how can I determine if its the fuel pump or pressure regulator by the reading? Seems the vacuum line and FPR is buried and isnt as easy to get to as just pulling the vacuum line and looking for gas.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.