Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why is the upper ball joint nut torque spec so much more on the 2001 Silverado than other years? Just got done doing my new uca wondering if anyone knows why 2001 has so much more tourque. This is out of my haynes manual...
Fluid Book Line Font Publication

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I personally don't think you'll notice the difference if you go 60. If it's seated and the castle nut pinned it's not going anywhere IMO.. There is a torque window when using castle Nuts obviously..
Not at 50 is it guaranteed to line the hole up

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2004 Sierra 3500 6.0L, auto, extended cab, cab&chassis, upgraded to 4wd
2,182 Posts
I would get it to 110, like the manual says. Or rather, I would start a fire with the haynes manual, and get it to the torque specified by GM's full service manual.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I did do 110 on the pivot bolts on the upper control arm I'm asking about the upper ball joint nut? I'll just go with what the manual said just wondered why 2001 is different than other years...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Looks like it has a skirt coming out around outsides of it must help it lock down when tightened for some reason my tie rods originally had these too on my truck but I replaced those with castle nut style. This is what it looks like here's my old one.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts