Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking through Crutch Field and other sites I am not really sure on stereos. I have the LTZ with Bose system but not the nav or rear camera. I want to upgrade to at least the camera and the nav is pretty common of the head units I have been looking at. I even looked at the Banks IQ.

Any recommendations out there for hassle free installs? Looking just for a factory fit head unit with the LCD display and upgrading mainly for reverse camera and some funtionality.Can't really change the bluetooth function and must not disable the factory features. Budget not really an issue but I would like some variety to compare. Thanks in advanced

·
Registered
19 Posts
I installed an Advent OGM 1 a couple months ago after doing extensive research on head unit options and I love it.
My main objective was adding a reverse camera.
If you price the other units and then price all of the wiring harnesses needed; the cost is almost the same at the end of the day.
The OGM will also retain all of your factory functions.
Walt at ADC Mobile is great to work with and a huge help.
Check out their website and YouTube videos on the OGM 1.

Good luck

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
53 Posts
So they are really plug and play?
I can see how harnesses can add up.
Ballpark, what do they run?
Thank You,

·
Registered
135 Posts
i think 1200 with camera,can't remember exactly, love mine, no problems, just plug and play

·
Registered
546 Posts
i just put in a Rosen that i bougth from another forum member and all i did was plug it in.. fight the good fight getting the wires back in, hook up my phone and thrashed my head to Bohemian Rhapsody for nearly 6 minutes till i got it sounding the way i wanted it. I too have the Bose and after i hooke up the Rosen the speakers came alive.

·
Registered
16,624 Posts
I just ordered an OGM-1 from Walt this afternoon. It seems like the easiest install of all that I reviewed and if you call Walt at ADC Mobile and talk to him, you will be dropping the credit card for one before you hang up. He is great. No pressure but very reassuring and I have never seen a bad review about him or his products.
Here, check out this video. It is actually done by Walt and he walks you through the entire install of the Advent OGM-1 to include the bluetooth microphone and GPS antenna. after doing a lot of reading and research, there is a whole heck of a lot a guy can do with this unit besides the regular stuff.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My sons both want stereos for the holiday and got me in the mood to get one too. I have been out of the game for a couple years and the technology has changed a bit. I did a lot of reading and almost bought an app radio but then found you cannot use the gps and music from the phone at the same time so I thought this would be a good firm function for me. I will pick one of these up shortly after the new year when I have time to install. Thanks for the good info.

·
Registered
16,624 Posts
adamcc91 said:
I've heard miles of good reviews in ogm1...just out if my price range for now
Well, I don't know if this will help you out enough, but if you are willing to go with a re-manufactured unit, Walt has those as well and you can get one for about $200 less. I don't know if that is still out of your price range but it helps a lot. And I am normally skeptical about re-manufactured electronics but it comes with the same 3 yr factory warranty and Walt will stand behind it as he does with his new units. So, maybe scrape together some Christmas money that comes in or wait for the tax return in a few months and see if you can swing something then if you can't do it now.
Good luck.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I agree this is a bit out of my price range. I also don't want the NAV unit. I've heard nothing but bad things about the NAV units that are built into the radios like this. I got a garmin already and my iphone so don't feel like paying the extra money for something I already have.

Anyone have any info on how good the nav unit is on the OGM-1?

And I got quoted 620 for a Kenwood DDX770 with the wiring harness and all. Not sure if once you get the harness how hard it is going to be to install but I would assume that is plug and play as well.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.