Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,019 Posts
After a lot of research I decided against going with shortys like these and wait until I can do long tubes. The price for what you are getting is just not worth it. I was mostly going to go with the shortys because of how easy they are to install. There is an article somewhere where a company did a shorty vs long tube comparison and long tubes are definitely the way to go.

· Registered
2001 GMC Sierra 2500HD CCSB
3,147 Posts
If you install any kind of long tube's I'd like to know. Looks like we have a similar truck and I plan to get LT some day.

Also the Speed Engineering kit looks tough to beat, I've been following their updates for a while. The continue to modify them to fit better and it's been several revisions over the past year+

Here's a quote for them if you are looking into doing this soon and use their Y pipe too:

Thank you for your business.. We know the Y-Pipes are close to the drivelines on the 99-06 4wd trucks, but it should clear just fine with a good set of motor mounts. We actually just revised out 99-06 Y-Pipe last week to fit the 4L80E transmissions. At the same time we dropped it down a little for the 4wd guys, and added a O2 bung for wideband tuning as well. That prototype was just sent off. It will be at least 6-7 months before we have a batch of those on hand.

As for the headers, we have been selling those for the 1999-06 4wd trucks for several years successfully. The only thing that I can think of is that your Avalanche might have a little bit different chassis than the silverados, or maybe the front diff is a little different. I am honestly not sure. Either way if you are not able to make them work you can always send them back for a full refund.

Thanks
Sean
Taken from here: http://www.performancetrucks.net/forums ... ost5379058

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.