Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Super Moderator, How-To Author, TOTM
5,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had some issues with moisture in my headlight on and off for a while and now the other headlight is doing it so I had to do something and wait no more. Both light housings either side have 2 vents on the back side. One hi and one low on housing and they need eachother for air flow. One vent was clogged on each light. No air flow with the hi one on driver and low side on passenger. One had a spider nest in it and the other was a bad mold of the rubber vent tube boot, it was almost completely clogged and has been an issue for a while. No wonder they had moisture. It has been exceptionally damp and foggy here, way more than usual so it got real bad. It was always just a tad in a corner and would be gone in a day or so, but this was not going away. I put the shop vac on moisture removal duty with a hose that fit over the housing vent nipples snug and let it move air through the vents for about 1/2 hour or so each to dry em out. Should be good to go now. One side required air box removal to access headlight. Ugh! So while it was out I cleaned the dry hi flo filter and re modded my air box. I originally removed the fender intake horn as it just clips in. It doubles the intake mouth. I am finding some moisture behind headlight housing and some in the air box mouth so I put the horn back on. I did however drill holes to still increase air flo should the motor want it. I forgot to take a pic, but the box side has holes that line up with the intake horn holes. I hit the holes with a wire brush and sand paper then I blew them off with compressed air and vacuumed out the box for any crumbs. No odd sounds and acts the same when I gas it.

Attachments

5,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay so I come out to the truck today after attempting to dry things out and having found a blockage in the vent tube, I thought things were gonna look up. Well the housing fogged up more and it was dry last night. I thought maybe the air now rising with heat of bulbs is causing moisture to rise too and eventually dry out. Maybe it will, but I am done messing with it. I tried more than most would I believe. 1AAUTO is sending out warranty replacements. They no longer have the ones I have so they are sending these instead. I am on the fence on these, but given the choice of going back to reflectors with a refund vs. a slightly different projector. I will try and let them grow on me. I have to pay return shipping. Guess that's the price of the Lifetime warranty. Could be worse I suppose. Could be out the $ all together like a Fleabay purchase.
https://www.1aauto.com/2014-15-chevy-si ... 227&y=2014

5,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ferraiolo1 said:
Those are the ones I wanted. Make sure to do a full review!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes sir will do. Might do a switch for LED strips alone? I have a Bass knob in the ashtray so I might fab up a bracket for a switch there. I have no knock outs or really any OE look option. At least I can close the ashtray. Gonna clean my rad while the grill is off with brush and shop vac. Good time to think about any grill lighting lol. I gotta switch over the HID's so may as well make it a project.

· Member Extraordinaire, How-To Author, TOTM
23,197 Posts
When I was going to do them I was going to wire them into parking lights. Not the drls like they want you to

This also means you should get he morimoto fogs to match the black housings!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah parking was my first thought, but hey why not solo. My sons BRZ can do solo and it looks cool.

5,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Gonna do it and will do pics on the way thru. I really should have a build thread.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.