Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi , I'm having an issue with my heater not blowing as strong as it used to and zero heat or ac coming out of the floor vents ? Any ideas ?? Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah , I replaced it

·
Registered
5 Posts
Have you checked your coolant level? I have an '04 Sierra 1500 (about 190,000 miles on the truck)...had the same issue. I read somewhere here on the forum to check the coolant level. I did and it was low. I filled it, ran it with the coolant cap off to allow any air to escape (about 2 to 4 minutes). Once the bubbles stopped I added some more. My heat was non-existent and the truck overheating on a day where it was about 36 degrees and raining. I was ready to change the thermostat and flush the heater core.

Good luck and hope it is minor!

·
Registered
16,624 Posts
I have owned three GM vehicles over the last 22 years. (91 S10 Blazer, 04 Blazer and 13 Silverado) They never seem to blow much if any warm air down by the feet. That includes my new Silverado. I have not really gotten under the dash with the truck warmed up and the heater running to see just how much and how warm the heat is down there but I do know that when driving, it doesn't seem to feel warm. Maybe just with long pants, socks, shoes/boots, you just won't feel the warm air blowing down there. I will have to get under there one of these days, now that it is cold out, and check it after I have driven a while just to see exactly how much air flow is down there and how warm it is.

·
Premium Member
13,346 Posts
It sounds like it's not so much a heating problem as it is an air direction problem. It may be possible there is trash causing the mode door not to be able to move.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.