Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. New member here in Houston.

I've owned 2 trucks in my life. Both Chevy Silverado. My first was in high school (Class '96). Had an '87 Silverado, long wheel base, V8. It was light blue with grey trim. I kept it mostly stock except for updating the stereo system. When I got it, it had a grill gaurd on the front and a heavy duty steel rear bumper. Oh, and I tinted the windows. I worked at a "Tire & Lube" shop one summer and replaced the tires with mudders on the rear and bigger tires on the front...and turned the the white-walls to the inside. It was the coolest truck I had ever seen!!! I drove it way too fast, fish-tailed my way down many Austin County dirt roads, and left lots of rubber from one of those rear tires at stop signs all over town.

I had a sedan in college and for a several years after college. Then in 2009 I came back to driving a truck. I don't foresee any more cars in my future.

Got a screaming deal on a 2009 Silverado LT 1500 5.3L V8 Flex E85 Black Texas Edition Crew Cab. Bought it used in Oct 2009 with 14K miles on it. Clean as it could be, and already had a spray in bedliner. It came with the 20" chrome wheels, which I didn't like at all, and it had a thin red pin stripe going all the way around it, which I didn't like either. Got the dealership to swap out the chrome wheels with an 08 they had on the lot with alloy 20" wheels and remove the red pinstripe in order to close the deal. It's paid off now and has 130,000 or so miles, and as much as I like the new body style, I think I'm going to keep this one for a good while longer.

I'm in the process of replacing the factory stereo and speakers, which is what led me to this website. Now that I'm doing that, I'm getting the urge to make some other upgrades, like the exhaust. Can't wait to settle in to this forum and start learning more about things I "need" to do to my truck!

· Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I just had the factory stereo system upgraded yesterday. Looking at putting a Carven TR muffler on next. I have a feeling this website is going to end up costing me a lot of money!

· Registered
2017 Silverado LTZ Z71
4,803 Posts
Welcome to the site bud. Also in Houston myself. We get together every now and then for meets

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.