Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello! I've been planning on picking up my first truck for months now and this Saturday I finally pulled the trigger.
Jet Black 2014 Silverado Double Cab Z71. 5.3L , All Star Edition, LT Plus Pkg, under rail LED and rear backup camera.

After that terrible Colts game on Sunday, having a new truck to play with when I got home may have been the only thing that kept me alive.

photo (7).JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
2014 LTZ 5.3 6 sp
6,878 Posts
Hello and welcome from Truro Nova Scotia and Congrats on the new truck >

·
Registered
7,399 Posts
Welcome Aboard! :cool:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Many welcomes and congrats. Very nice truck...too bad its gonna get filthy soon. I'm also from Indy and love the snow but hate when 1 truck dumps all its salt in a 1/4 mile lol.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome!!

Hopefully the Colts can bounce back quickly on Thursday night @ Tennessee.

I do have a quick question. Everyone seems to have a different opinion on if you have to wait X amount of time before you wax a new truck. What do you guys think?

I would love to get a coat of wax on asap before they start dumping salt everywhere.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Welcome to the site! Enjoy!

As for the wax, I'd say (and I could be wrong) that just keeping the truck clean would help with the salt. When was your truck manufactured? I'd say wax about 4 times a year, doing a quick detailer between waxes (like a spray wax)...

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Welcome from northern IN. Nice truck.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.