Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MY 04 Has had the trans tebuilt recently, all u joints everything. Recently, when driving, seems as though under hard acceleration it is not pulling as hard as it should, kinda like stuttering? If u will. Rear end seems tight, absolutely NO noise, never did this before.. I have right at 200k on truck and was wondering should I bring transmission back and have it torn down again?.. could this be spark plugs/wires?? Sensors of some type?? I have NO idea.. Thanks to all in advance

· Registered
27 Posts
I'd bet if it was missing hard enough to feel, the computer would be firing ON the SES/CEL CEL and it'd be flashing. Engine missfires are monitored for --- hypercritically --- because of the potential damage to the cat.

No .... Imma thinking the R&R guy at the transmission shop screwed up. It happens. Sometimes a lot.

There COULD be a bad sprag ... but they tend to put the fear of god in the driver .... so badly that they usually call a tow truck --- and clutches will only chatter a couple of times before they grenade ... so they should be very low on the possible causes of your problem.

This could be a forgotten bolt, left loose, or actually missing.

Go back.

· Registered
2000 Z71
45 Posts
I had the 4l60 in my 00 rebuilt at 175K. when it does what you describe watch the tach and see if yo get fluctuating rpm. I had one occurrence in mine where it felt like I was turning off the key and turning it back on every second. I took it to the shop which you should do as well to have it documented and they said it was low. Regardless, it never happened again after they add a little bit. We use ours for hauling hay or flat towing the jeep when needed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts