Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2015 GMC Sierra 1500 4x4 leveled and 2015 GMC Sierra 1500 2wd lowered.
428 Posts
It is a government mandated safety standard that can't just be turned off or disengaged, I don't think. It doesn't disable the vehicle when triggered so it can be ignored. Maybe it can be disabled in a tune, like AFM can be disabled. Someone else know for sure?

·
Registered
587 Posts
I’ve seen people suggest removing your TPMS sensors and capping them in a short section of PVC pipe. Add a valve and fill to the recommended pressure. Not sure how well it works, Google it.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
I have seen a couple references to people able to have a dealer reprogram the set point, but dealers won’t do it, so…

The generall consensus I have found to be is, Why? It works well. Sensors are now cheap, the tool is cheap.

·
Super Moderator
2015 High Country Duramax
19,555 Posts
Nope, it's super easy too.

Just select the tpms module and select the new pressure range you want, then hit program, and done. Takes 5 minutes haha. I dropped mine since most of the time in unloaded so I only run 45 rear and 50 front. So at stock settings my light would be on for the rears.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I've had the dealer reprogram for me....

After it was done, the new values showed up in the GM phone app as the 'recommended' oressures'.
Thought it was interesting that the phone app also showed the new values.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts