Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2015 Silverado V8 LT
It doesn't happen every time, but sometimes when I'm pulling a hard turn (steering wheel turned all the way) the vehicle will shutter real bad, and this last time it turned off completely. It usually stops if i turn the truck off and on again, but it could really be an issue if I need to turn sharp in traffic.

·
Registered
76 Posts
2015 Silverado V8 LT
It doesn't happen every time, but sometimes when I'm pulling a hard turn (steering wheel turned all the way) the vehicle will shutter real bad, and this last time it turned off completely. It usually stops if i turn the truck off and on again, but it could really be an issue if I need to turn sharp in traffic.
do you have a check engine light?

·
Registered
8,897 Posts
Does the steering wheel buck back or stiffen up when this happens?
Have you noticed if your lights are dim or flickering at any point either?
The steering on these trucks is electrical and there have been a few cases of a grounding issue causing the symptom you are talking about.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does the steering wheel buck back or stiffen up when this happens?
Have you noticed if your lights are dim or flickering at any point either?
The steering on these trucks is electrical and there have been a few cases of a grounding issue causing the symptom you are talking about.
Yes to both!! Lights flicker and it bucks/stiffens. Where can I look to fix the ground issue? Thank you!!!

·
Registered
8,897 Posts
Look up PIT5405C, it's a known issue an GM has issued a service bulletin on it. Might be a free repair if it is the cause.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Look up PIT5405C, it's a known issue an GM has issued a service bulletin on it. Might be a free repair if it is the cause.
This is exactly it - not finding much about free repair but i'll keep digging for that. Thanks for your reply!

·
Registered
8,897 Posts
They aren't always free, but I've yet to have to pay on any TSB, I've taken a vehicle in for. So anything is possible.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts