Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm working on a friends 2011 2500 Duramax 6.6 and have a couple of problems I need to sort out. I haven't driven the truck to experience the first issue myself but my friend says when hitting the brakes after several 60-65 mph stops in traffic the truck steering shook violently. So violently that it nearly shook the rear view mirror off the windshield. Apparently this has happened twice. I road tested the truck but couldn't duplicate the problem. The truck otherwise steers and stops perfectly at highway speeds.

A week or so after the second shaking issue he got the following codes. P0101 Mass air flow "A" Circuit range. P11CB NoX Sensor signal high. P0299 Turbo under boost and P2453 Diesel Particulate filter "A" range.

There is a possibility the very violent shake incidents has caused an electrical issue. I'm going to have the truck in my shop in a couple of days to check it over so looking for some suggestions.
Thanks

·
Registered
841 Posts
Wow, interesting, certainly the very first thing I would do is carefully inspect all front end components.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm very surprised this was not a recall issue. The front end shimmy was dangerous but all I could find was other owners experiencing the same problem and a TSB that I'm trying to verify. I'm still working on the codes that followed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts