Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a non bose system, but it has tweeters in the A-pillar. I am trying to replace the front speakers and was wondering if they are components (combined with the tweeters in the pillar) or if they are just regular 2 way speakers. Anyone know?

·
Registered
795 Posts
The front door speaker is a mid-woofer only. The tweet in the A-pillar is connected in parallel with it. It has it's own hi-pass crossover filter which is just a capacitor attached to the body of the tweet. The mid-woofer is run full range.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I put in the Kenwood KFCP709PS speakers in the front. I have now realized that this truck seriously needs a sub woofer to make it sound good. I miss the Bose system on my 2004. I know a lot of people here knock the Bose system, but it certainly sounds better than the stock system I have.
I also have a rattle in the door panel on both doors where the indentation is where the door meets the dash.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.