Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys so this weekend im installing shadow door led logos on my 2008 gmc sierra and im tapping into the grey wire for the dome lights but my question im installing 2 so the red wire is im using .. but i also wanna install footwells leds and that would b 4 leds .. is the 6 live wires gonna b too much for 1 wire im tapping into?? Or how would i do any help please

Attachments

· Member Extraordinaire, Servicemen, How-To Author
17,133 Posts
LED's draw very little current. I have 4 footwell LED strips hooked to my grey wire with no problems what so ever. I wouldn't hesitate to add 2-3 times that many LED's.

17,133 Posts
Yep, splice that fuse holder in line on the feed off the Grey wire. You could connect one end of the fuse holder to the grey wire and then simply connect the 12V+ to the other end of the fuse holder. I would use as small of fuse as possible. For what you are looking at, you can probably use a 5amp. If it blows, you are probably trying to draw too much power with the lights or there is a wiring problem. If it is just drawing too much power, then you would probably be better off using a relay but I don't think that will be necessary for your situation.

Footwell lights.jpg

Attachments

17,133 Posts
That sounds like the yellow is a relay trip wire. Relays are a simple electromechanical device that either opens or closes a circuit. Just google them for information.

· Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So the kit has its own relay wich red goes to battry black to negative post and it has a red wich runs to switch and it has its own fuse and a has a black that runs to switch to wich is negative and out of switch it has a yellow one coming out idk if its accessories or idk but i made a post about it

Attachments

· Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I made a post about it and it has its own realy wich black n red go to battery n red has a fuse amd they run to switch eich is red and black and switch also has a yellow not sure if its for accessories or idk but has a yellow and its strip like i need to connect to somethimg

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.