Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had my 95 re-painted with the original color, victory red, two stage. I feel the body shop did an OK job, nothing special but decent enough. Anyway, I found several small cloudy spots that you can only see in a certain light. I was told it had something to do with sanding marks not buffed out entirely. I took the truck back to the body shop and they buffed it and in the process some A-hole at the shop parked next to me and doored me giving ol red's new paint it's first little ding. Not a huge ding, just annoying since it's a new paint job. Anyway, I see less of these cloudy spots now but there are still a few but I do NOT want to take it back to the body shop so I can acquire another ding. I want to do it myself. Can someone direct me on what kind of product to buy, how to use it etc etc? There are only a few small cloudy spots left. Do I need to buff the whole panel or can I just do the little spots? I do have an electric buffer. Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
8,941 Posts
If it's because of the sanding under the paint, it's going to be hard to get out with out going through the paint. I would go back and get it fixed, the price of a paint job isn't cheap and you shouldn't settle for adequate. If you really want to try yourself, you could try wet sanding it. There are plenty of youtube videos showing the process.

Do you have pics of the blemishes and door dent? That will help with the info on how to fix it...

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will try to get some pics when I have time. Well, the body shop was able to buff them out somehow, so I don't think it's under the paint but I am not 100% positive. It only shows in certain light, seems like a cloudy day it shows more than a sunny day.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.