Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Silverado LT 4WD
9,464 Posts
Looks like a good set of tow mirrors, but those led signals are quiet bright when flashing... That's what a few members on here have said...

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies. I kind of put the cart before the horse and ordered them before posting my question. I haven't seen these on any of the silv's/Sierra's in my area and wanted something that didn't look OEM.

They should be here this week, so I'll have a little project for the weekend.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Those are the set I put on mine. The led signal isn't even noticeable from the drivers seat, so I don't know why people would say they're too bright. I think the red turn arrow in the glass on the OEM mirrors is more distracting. Plus, with these aftermarket mirrors, your turn signal can be seen from the front and sides. Not just the rear!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Matt1WT. I can't wait to put them on. I had the OEM tow mirrors with the arrow in the glass and wasn't impressed with them. That is one of the reasons I wanted these.

I'll have to post the current ones and my CIPA tow mirrors for sale next week.

·
Registered
761 Posts
They look great and like I said in previous post I love mine. Now I just want to run a power supply to the top line of leds so that when my running light are on they come on, like [email protected] do.

PS:
What's the story on that Camaro?

Sent via my VZW Galaxy S3.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks, I think I'm going to like these mirrors. I like the idea of having the top row of LEDs running with the parking lamps.

The Camaro? It's a '11 RS/SS that belongs to my son. It has become his "fair weather" driver and keeps the open space in my garage filled. Ohh well, the things we do for our kids.

·
Registered
761 Posts
^ Thanks for posting those videos! I've been trying to think of how to do this mod and not I guess the thinking is over now for doing!

Sent via my VZW Galaxy S3.

·
Registered
57 Posts
jimnfor said:
Those look good. I've tried with no success to add lights to my tow mirrors. May have to go this route.
I was going to buy these tow mirrors... Im glad i found out that they are only wired for turn signals.

I am in the process of adding signals/parking lights to my factory tow mirrors now. I ran the wires from the BCM/kick panels (no factory power to the mirrors) out to the mirrors. Im waiting for the LED lenses i ordered to arrive then I will mount/finish wiring up (I based my idea from another truck forum).

There is some good info in those videos about wiring up the resistors/diodes. You could also use a relay as an alternative.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.