Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok my truck has been out of service for about two weeks now( bad wheel bearing that I'm saving up to get) but have been sitting in it and letting it run in ideal...well it got cold the the other day so I decided to put antifreeze in so I drain it and fill it back up forgot to burp it and was sitting in truck it started running hot so I kill it let it cool and put more water in it cranked it an has not run hit since...BUT my ac is blowing hot air now compresser kicks in and off gauge says it charged so I put a little bit more in an nothing still hot air somebody help me please

· Member Extraordinaire, Servicemen, How-To Author
17,133 Posts
Sounds like air trapped in the heater core. I think driving it and getting the water to slosh around helps clear it. But if you can't drive it, then that is a problem. Maybe try rocking the truck while idling.

By the way, usually it isn't a big deal to drive on a hub that is going bad unless it is totally shot. I have driven hundreds, maybe over a thousand miles on a bearing that I knew was going out. Once it is shot, it is shot, so driving it after it starts making noise usually is no big deal up to a point.

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
esox07 said:
Sounds like air trapped in the heater core. I think driving it and getting the water to slosh around helps clear it. But if you can't drive it, then that is a problem. Maybe try rocking the truck while idling.

By the way, usually it isn't a big deal to drive on a hub that is going bad unless it is totally shot. I have driven hundreds, maybe over a thousand miles on a bearing that I knew was going out. Once it is shot, it is shot, so driving it after it starts making noise usually is no big deal up to a point.
.. OK I will try that..should I try to burp it again maybe...and yes I drove it till the wheel just about came off.. literally

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.