Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Decided to read awhile before introducing myself. ALOT of good stuff to learn on here. My name is Gary. From Kansas.

Ok,
I was wondering what year intake manifolds swap out from 5.3 to 5.3? Just wondering, cause I need new fuel injectors and can get a newer intake manifold with the fuel rails and injectors. Also, the MAS. Like 6000 miles on them for less than I can get new fuel injectors alone for. The newer intakes also have bigger injectors which I will surely be needing, which is a plus.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Welcome to the best site in the world for Silverado and Sierra owners!

I can't help you with your question, but there is a wealth of information on this site and extremely knowledgeable members. I'm sure someone will chime in and help you soon!

·
Registered
2014 LTZ 5.3 6 sp
6,878 Posts
Hello Gary and welcome from Truro Nova Scotia >>> you may be wise to re-post your query in the "engine" section" some of our smarter members (mechanics) may not see it here in members intro section >

edit >>> That's where it is sorry >>> Just don't let me near ur truck I can't read>

·
Registered
8,941 Posts
Welcome to the site Gary...
Are you planning to put a new cam, larger MASS style intake or a custom tune in the truck? I ask because I doubt that you would need larger injectors otherwise. A safe bet on the intake is going to be 99-01 trucks and SUV's, but you may be able to go as far as the 07 classic trucks.

·
Registered
7,399 Posts
Gary, I don't have an answer but nonetheless......Welcome Aboard! :cool:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Wayne and Silvery!
Daly, I am just tryin to kill two birds with one stone. Tax time I will probably be going with a new LQ9. And beefed up trans. I will probably just run CAI and headers with duals all the way back like I have now. I also have the Diablo93 tune, but will obviously will need a custom tune with the LQ9.

Thanks for the replies!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.