Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible that a new high flow muffler would cause higher oil pressure? Sounds like a stupid question but just seems like i'm getting a higher reading when I get on the throttle since I put on the new muffler. It could be that im gettin more in to it because of the new sound, I just don't know. I'm getting about 45 at idle and goes to 60 to 65-70 about 3/4 throttle. Is that within range or a little high?

·
Premium Member
13,346 Posts
I see no way a new muffler could cause higher oil pressure, other than you may be reving the engine higher causing the pressure to build faster/more. The pressures you state it has sound ok.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jordan, thats what I thought. So what IS a pressure reading that would be too high?

·
Registered
459 Posts
Well any pressure reading on your cluster isn't going to be correct, just use the gauge for reference. If its pegged in either direction its bad, if its moving with the gas than its fine. Just all the way up or down is bad. The cluster are knowen to have cheap stepper motors, which will cause all types of funny things, and the oil pressure sending unit is known to be either off or bad.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.