Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I searched the forum back about 15 pages and the closest I got to guns in the vehicle was a under-seat storage safe and some rear window gun racks. What I want to know is, does anyone use either the under-steering-wheel holster, or perhaps a pancake holster secured in between the driver's seat and console? I'll conclude this with "I am a legal, responsible gun owner who is not breaking any laws here in Wyoming." :twisted:

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, hip is great, except while you are sitting down with the seatbelt on and have to draw somehow. Not trying to be sarcastic a-hole, i swear. Was just trying to figure out a way to mount a holster in the vehicle somehow. Preferably for the same weapon as whats on my hip. That way, when I am in the vehicle, it goes in its vehicle holster for easy access while sitting.

·
Premium Member
13,346 Posts
Sanc9996 said:
Yes, hip is great, except while you are sitting down with the seatbelt on and have to draw somehow. Not trying to be sarcastic a-hole, i swear. Was just trying to figure out a way to mount a holster in the vehicle somehow. Preferably for the same weapon as whats on my hip. That way, when I am in the vehicle, it goes in its vehicle holster for easy access while sitting.
I just like knowing where it is at all times. I have it on my hip all the time so my muscle memory is to reach there for it. I am able to draw mine from my holster in a seated position while the seatbelt is on. I have seen some people take paddle holsters and use them in the console or attached to the door. I think one guy on here even used one and attached it below the steering wheel like you mentioned. On a related note about having to draw while seated in the truck, I will say, my truck has a lot more knock down power than my .40. If things are that bad, I'll just run over them while drawing. lol. That should take their mind off of things for a second or two.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
The paddle holster for my Springfield XDM fits perfectly on the map pocket/cupholder in the door. I'm a lefty and carry my weapon at the 6 o'clock position, so it's be darn tough to draw in the truck.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Cooper89 said:
Maybe it's just that I'm another gun crazy Kentuckian but a lot of people I know around here that carry have "truck guns" in addition to our ccdw.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Same here, one on the hip and one in the truck/car. This way there is always one avail and two if needed!

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have two ways I carry mine I to agree 100% my holster and seatbelt would tangle I have a universal soft holster that can go between drivers seat and console. The other way I carry is my hip holster in my door only shotty part is removing your hip holster from you're hip and reapplying it when you get out. Personally I don't think you can go wrong with just the soft holster.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Mine hangs on the rearview mirror, like something purchased at your local auto parts store. It's a Glock 26, so it's passable as such an item!

Just messing...I've got a bad habit of putting it in the lockable compartment under the middle seat of my '13 Regular Cab Silverado. If someone's sittin' in that middle seat, we're screwed. I'll have to rely on Nunchuck and Bowstaff skills!

·
Premium Member
3,171 Posts
I have a 45(xd45 tactical) that stays Tucked between the seat and console... when I carry it's usually concealed in a crossbreed supertuck (xd9mm subcompact)... I have no issue sitting in my truck wearing the supertuck... I just think it would be hard to draw from seated seatbelt or no. Like someone else said... if I have to info my seatbelt... my 45 is right there and can be drawn in an inconspicuous movement.

I have several opencarry holsters tor my sig p220... ones a shoulder holster and the other is an old world leather belt holster... I have a blackhawk tactical also... I don't always open carry but when I do... I usually have one concealed still anyways... p220 just hard to conceal.

Also been known to tuck one in my boot.... but that's just usually a knife.

sent from my Verizon Wireless Galaxy SIII

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
All great inputs! I think all of these options are viable as long as the person concealing knows how to access their weapon when needed.

On long trips (usually to and from Colorado) I just unholster my weapon and place it on the console because I carry at about 4 o clock position and that gets uncomfortable really quickly. I do like the nunchucks and bowstaff idea tho haha :D

The only bad part is the idea of having a fully loaded weapon on the console while driving, in terms of it becoming a projectile in the event of a collision. My center console is full of other shit that cant really go anywhere else...so back to the dilemma of an accessible vehicle holster.

Side note: Do most of you guys carry crossbreeds? I saw some references to supertucks and such. Thought you might liek to know about a newer company called Aegis Armory. They make a better product and at a much lower price. I have 2 crossbreeds and now have no desire to wear them after getting the Aegis Shield. Check it out

http://aegisarmory.us/shop/hybrids/the- ... d-holster/

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
BigRedVictory said:
I got a Crossbreed because it was free .. "the ugliest most comfortable concealed holster you will ever own" -- I was lucky enough to work for his hosting company and had to take care of a lot of stuff after hours.
NICE. I love free things.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i see you opted for the horse leather on one of them lol a wise choice

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.