Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering one of these little six footers. Was wondering if anyone had any experiences good or bad. My truck is an extended cab Z71 1500. My driveway is the classic two-car wide with a walk. Thinking this would be a 15 minute plow job as opposed to hours shoveling. I'm in my mind forties and have had enough shoveling and have no interest in paying someone to plow. I understand Meyer also makes a similar set-up for little rangers, explorers and half-tons. Would prefer a no-frills plow (no lights and could manually raise and turn if needed). No exaggeration....it would be a 4 sweep plow job, the driveway is that size. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

· Super Moderator, Servicemen, SS Guru
10,063 Posts
Something like this may work for you...

http://www.agricover.com/snowsport/lt/
If back up to the house, or back into the garage if you have one, you could easily just lower it and drive forward, then reverse and repeat, leaving very little area to clean manually. Not sure what the budget is though, and that thing goes for a bit over $1300.

There are also some good ideas on Youtube and Plowsite.com.. If my shed wasn't so far from my driveway, I'd make something up like I just saw on Youtube, which was a super-ghetto wooden plow-thing bolted to the front of a lawn tractor. But I have my snowthrower which works fine for me for now..

· Registered
4,317 Posts
Just did my 900' drive and around my out buildings and barn from last night's snow with the Snowsport HD plow on my pickup. Did a fantastic job. Wife did half the job and loved how easy it was and the how good of a job it did. I have a winch setup on mine to lower and lift when needed, but most times can just push, backup, push, repeat with the blade down. Pushed right across lawn area and it will not scalp. And it leaves all the gravel in my drive where it needs to stay. No digging or gouging irregardless of terrain changes. A good value and a great plow.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.