Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my truck has been acting as if the wheel speed sensor is bad so I take it to my local chevy dealer to figure out which sensor it was so I can fix it myself. The guy tells me just to hook it up to the computer system and to find out which sensor is bad is going to take about 45 minutes and i said ok thats no big deal. I looked around for a bit then went in and sat down well 2 hours goes by and I start getting a little impatient so I go to the service counter and ask whats up.. The guy tells me that he was just about to come find me.. But anyways he says your left front sensor is bad and to replace it you need to buy a new hub and with labor that will cost you $700. I said ummm NO and I know they can get the sensor out and replace it and leave the hub how it is and as I called him out on that he tells me your right we can but the sensor its self will be about $400. I said just get my truck down and ill be on my way. Well the mechanic leaves my truck hanging on the lift with the sensor pulled out of it like i was going to have him replace it and this bastard goes to lunch for an hour. I was furious. The service guy tells me he will be back soon and he will put your truck back togethor and you will be on your way. I laughed and said no you find someone to get my truck done and ready to go in the next 15 min. so 20 min later they hand me the keys and tell me just call us when you want to get this done! What gets me so frustrated is they try to tell me the hub has to be replaced because the sensor is built in but yet they had the sensor out while he was talking to me while the wheel hub was still on my truck? They think im an idiot apparently. I can get the wheel hub and the sesnor for $120 for a good brand with life time warranty and change it myself which I plan on doing. Just the way that these dealers take advantage of people get under my skin!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
when im driving the stabiltrak, abs, and traction control would all kick off and says service. for a while it was kicking off and on and now it just kicks off and says service. I did research and that is what I came to it being.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I had a very similar thing happen earlier this year. I took my Impala in so they could tell me which HUB was acting up. It took them 2 hours to plug the scanner in and tell me that there is nothing wrong. I pay them $59.00 and leave only to have the ABS traction control light come back on before I can get 2 miles down the road. A couple months later I take it back in and tell them to scan it again. Another two hours later they tell me that the left rear hub is bad and that they can fix it for $750.00. Luckily they did not charge me for the scan the second time.
I fixed it myself for under $90.00 and about an hours time. Those dealer service folks can sure be annoying at times.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea I had to pay $60 bucks to put up with them today! My truck just rolled over 32k miles. It is very aggravating that its acting up with low miles. Im thinking it has to do with the wheels and tires

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
haha well yall think this is a good deal. he said he will give me way more than i owe on my truck which I owe 24k. there asking 39k for the duramax. its got leveling kit, brand new 35's on 18' xds. it has 64k miles. i can probably get them down to about 37k and im thinking no less than 28 or 29k for my truck. The only thing I dont like about this truck is it doesnt have all the buttons on the dash and no volume control on the steering wheel where my truck has all that.

·
Registered
386 Posts
It doesn't seem great to be honest I don't think. I was offered $28k trade on my '10 with 58k. BUT I was lookin at a 2013 1500 so going new they were prolly able to go up a bit. My truck isn't jacked up all awesome like urs either. There was a thread last night on here about a guy who bought a 08 dmax and at 100k miles he had to drop $6,500 on new injectors. That would scare me if I didn't need a diesel. I want an LBZ really bad but I don't wanna go broke for the "cool" factor cuz I certainly don't need a truck with that much power. Man they are awesome though.....lol

·
Registered
566 Posts
BlackZ03 said:
when im driving the stabiltrak, abs, and traction control would all kick off and says service. for a while it was kicking off and on and now it just kicks off and says service. I did research and that is what I came to it being.
My truck does that ever once in awhile but all lights go out. Today I was sitting in my truck getting ready to pull it in carwash before I left and it did it again. I killed it got out and dried excess water , started it back up and no lights....

Im also thinking about trading off my truck for a 2013 2500 HD 6.0 4x4 crew cab my self . I called a friend at dealership hopefully I can get a good price. I`ll hopefully find out tomorrow when I go by and see him.
Plus I can take some things off current truck and move it over to new one.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
poncho62, will that scan tool work on and read the ABS and SRS codes for a 2010 and ^ Silverado? I ask this because I currently have a INNOVA 3160 that reads all that too, only to find it will not read ABS codes on my truck or my wife's 2013 Enclave, it will read ABS and emission codes, just not and not thing for the aid bag system. Does read everything 2008 and backwards.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have a scanner tool to erase the codes but I didnt know how to pin point which sensor it was. I will def do it myself but the dealer had the sensor out of the hub today. I can get the precision hub for $120 and do it my self and wont take no time I always done it before! And I dont think I would be comfortable taking any less than $30 for my truck thats what scared me off from getting that duramax today. Plus like yall said not knowing is a huge risk such as injectors and what not. I will be sticking with my beast for a good while!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.