Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered a RC 3.5" lift today, and I've been browsing through the posts regarding this lift. I keep reading how the RC shocks are garbage, bBut how bad is bad? Does it make the ride unbearable? I ask because I work a lot and will probably only have 1 day in the next month or so to do any type of work on my truck, and would like to get it right the first time. Does going with a Bilstein 5100 make enough difference in the ride quality? Thanks in advance guys.

·
Administrator
2009 Chevy Z71; sounds fast.
6,973 Posts
I think bad is in relation to what you plan on doing with your truck. I have not heard of any of our 'regular' members that have complained about this lift with those shocks,but I do know of a couple that have ordered the Bilstein's along with that kit. I don't remember them saying they ordered them because the others were bad, they just went with what they could afford. I will get a couple of our regulars to see this post and give their opinion.

·
Registered
2009 Silverado LT 4WD
9,464 Posts
The RC shocks aren't the best in the world, that come along with the kit. They seem to be ok at first but don't last very long and seem to go bad fairly quick. You would be fine with the RC shocks still first, but I would plan on putting Bilstien's in rear for a lot better ride. Just my .02 cents....

·
Registered
900 Posts
I pieced my kit together... as i thought i could do it better/cheaper than buying prefabbed kits... & could sneak it by the wife a little easier thay way... so I replaced the stock shocks w/ the +3" 5100s shortly after installing the 3" rear blocks & found that the stock shocks were getting topped out...

I didn't buy the pos rc shocks cuz I didn't want to have to do it again in a few months when the RC shocks gave out... I have been really impressed with the 5100s ride!!!

But the rear shocks are ez to replace... and the RC units should get you by for the time being!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.