Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be replacing a pristine stolen 2006 5.3 single cab 4x4 with a 2016 5.3 Texas edition crew cab 4x4 next week and have a couple of exhaust questions. My best friend who works at the dealship strongly advised me to stay away from the GM performance Borla, saying they have had multiple people unhappy with what he described as a minimal sound change from stock.

My biggest concern is the V4 drone I'm reading about. He acted like it was no big deal and a lot of people at the dealership had after market flowmasters and magnaflows and they didn't notice drone in V4. So how bad is it? I really don't want to do any tuning until the warranty is up, and considering buying extended warranty.

Now I loved my magnaflow single in dual 3 inch out dumped before the passenger axle on my 2006. It was very loud with the foot on the pedal with a gentle rumble at idle and zero drone on the highway on cruise control.

I would really like to recreate that sound as closely as possible. I've been very impressed by the Carven-r and Borla ATAK, but it looks to be about $1000 savings going with the Carven. Anybody happy with theirs (or magnaflow, or flomaster) WITHOUT V4 turned off.

Thanks

· Registered
227 Posts
i would stay away from magnodrone and master drone. I have heard good things about corsa and mbrp. I have a Gibson sft muffle I had welded in and have minimal drone. it all depends on how loud you want it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.