Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The driver's seat had this going on when I purchased the truck. I've messed around down there and can't figure out how to repair it. I tried finding some place to pop it back in, but I'm either looking in the wrong area or it is missing a piece. Also, surprised to see so much rust down there. Where could that have come from? It's only 3 years old.

What do I need to do?

Attachments

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Correct, had mine off today for seat heaters. The plastic will tuck up under metal careful it's sharp and then roll it over onto the metal to lock in. Use pass seat as a reference if needed. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Welcher774 said:
Correct, had mine off today for seat heaters. The plastic will tuck up under metal careful it's sharp and then roll it over onto the metal to lock in. Use pass seat as a reference if needed. Hope that helps.
Did you add seat heaters or were you repairing.. Just curious cause i miss that feature. Wondered if i could add.

·
Registered
2007 NNBS 5.3L Z71 4x4 Crew Cab
269 Posts
Zepheyr said:
Thank you gents! Much appreciated.

Do all trucks look that rusty after 3 years?
You might need to get that checked out. Mine is 6 years old and not rusted. It it rusted on the pass. side too?

·
Registered
16,624 Posts
Unless you live close to the ocean down there in louisiana, i don't think you should have that much rust on the seat parts. Even then, I would be surprised to see that kind of rust. But it does look like surface rust and probably won't cause you any problems. Did you buy the truck new? Are you sure the seats are original?

·
Premium Member
13,346 Posts
If he bought the truck used, they may have detailed it using water to clean the seats good (I've seen the detailers take them out and high pressure wash them to get heavy staining out) and that could cause them to rust. I've seen quite a few vehicles with rust on seat frames like that. It's just surface rust and I would not worry about it.

·
Registered
546 Posts
pull the covers super tight it may of slid the actual cover a bit, and fold the plastic over the metal bar. as for the rust.. it was prob a flood vehicle and they just never branded the title. :D ... I'm kidding. that's is surface rust it comes from humidity or evaporation. If you run the heat on just for floor your feet get nice and toasty but it also heats those metal parts under the seat. when you get out all those parts cool and collect condensation and eventually they get surface rust cus they're not painted. no biggy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.