Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
2009 Chevy Z71; sounds fast.
6,973 Posts
That's kind of a vague question without pics of your truck or any idea of what size tire you are trying to accommodate. All trucks sit low at stock height. Also, what is your budget? You may want to take a gander at this little beauty, it may just answer many of your questions.

How to Choose & Buy a Lift Kit

·
Registered
818 Posts
Buy the biggest lift and tires you can afford, IF that's what you want, only you will know for sure

The bigger the better if you ask me, unless you use your truck for work a lot. In that case you may want to stop at a level kit or a small lift.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
First thing I'd do is try to level the truck using your stock keys. On your truck the "leveling kit" is only reindexed torsion keys, so all it does is allow you to crank the torsion bars further. Any lift beyond that involves differential drop, torsion key box drop, and or new spindles. Other than that you can go as high as you want, depending on the size tires you want to run and how much you want to spend.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I am running a 6" BDS on Toyo 35's so I can get it in my garage but I am thinking about adding the 2' strut spacers I have laying around and if I can still get in the garage I am good for now. I am no spring chicken,,, 48 in a few weeks and getting in and out is no issue whatsoever,,, If I had a RV garage I would go with a 12' suspension lift and 44's in a heartbeat :D
and yes I actually wheel my truck as often as possible :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.