Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

· Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I would start this topic to see how many miles you guys have on your 6.0s. I currently have 95K miles on my 07 classic and it goes up every day. :cool:

· Registered
377 Posts
157k on my '08 Burb. I fully expect it to go well beyond 200k.

· Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm liking what I see! A mix of guys who have newer trucks with low miles and some older ones with a bunch of miles! :cool:
I'm hoping mine will last for awhile.

· Registered
297 Posts
Cowboy2563 said:
I'm liking what I see! A mix of guys who have newer trucks with low miles and some older ones with a bunch of miles! :cool:
Proper maintenance and repairs with quality parts go along way.

· Registered
44 Posts
We have two here at work. An 02 with around 140,000 and an 05 with around 130,000. Both have been flawless mechanically with the nod going to the 02. The 05 has had issues with the HVAC, mainly with the blower not working on certain fan settings and the AC dripping in the passenger footwell. These are both crew trucks that get rode hard and put up wet. 90% of their miles are in town pulling trailers weighing between 4k and 7k lbs and not the greatest maintenance either.

I am so impressed with the 02 that if I could find a decent ext cab short bed 4wd 2500 I would trade my personal truck, a 2011 1500 Z71, in a heartbeat.

· Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
WrenZ71 said:
Cowboy2563 said:
That is true. I maintain the crap out of mine. Wanna get every mile I can out of it.

· Registered
377 Posts
WrenZ71 said:
Cowboy2563 said:
This. I bought my Burb with 106k miles. It now has 157k miles three years later. I beat the snot out of that truck - towing heavy trailers(up to 8600 lbs), long road trips, generally driving it like I stole it. I've also had it up to 120 MPH, and when not towing, I usually cruise around 90 MPH on road trips. I'll be dragging the 8600-lb trailer out to Yellowstone next summer, probably will log 5,000 miles of towing.

Over those three years, how much have I spent on repairs? $23. I haven't even had to replace the brakes. In fact, last time I rotated the tires, I was surprised how much meat is still on the pads. Easily the best, most dependable truck I've ever had. I'm just pissed that GM killed the 2500 Burb in 2013.

· Registered
32 Posts
My transplanted LQ9 has about 150k on it. Runs perfectly, gets about 15-16 mpg, has all the power I need and only uses half a quart of oil between changes. I loved the Vortec 350 in my 96 Sierra but this one is twice the motor that one was!

1 - 20 of 100 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.