Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a set of steel rims for the winter that have TPMS sensors installed. I was told that my 2015 Silverado can "remember" up to 8 TPMS sensors so if I had the winters rims calibrated to my truck, I would not have to relearn the sensors twice a year when I swap out my winter/summer wheels. If this is true, it would be worth it for me to pay the dealer one time to calibrate my winter sensors to my truck. But if this is not the case, I would be better off buying a tool and doing it myself rather than pay for it twice a year. I am trying to figure out what is more economical. Can anyone help me out? Thanks in advance

· Member Extraordinaire, Servicemen, How-To Author
17,133 Posts
Pretty sure it can only remember 4 at a time. Otherwise, you might have problems if you park your truck near where the other tires are being stored. You can buy a TPMS relearn tool for about $75 and if you swap tires or you do your own tire rotations, it will pay for itself real quick. I use it on my truck and wifes Cobalt. I believe they work with most TPMS sensors, to include those from other manufacturers.

Here is one on Amazon, but you might be able to find it less expensive elsewhere.
https://www.amazon.com/Kent-Moore-EL-50 ... moore+tpms

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.