Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
someone with experience can correct me if I'm wrong, but with 3.5" of lift up front you could get by with some trimming (nothing major) so that it wouldn't rub on hard lock going over bumps.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have 35s with a 7.5" lift.. I still rub a little on the front when I fully turn left or right. I didn't have to trim at all but I had to pin back my fender-well underneath on the front bumper sides to keep it from scrapping a little bit. I have M/T tires so if you ran A/T's, you shouldn't have an issue.

·
Registered
365 Posts
real3175 said:
I've got the RC 3.5 with 33" tires on an '08 and it rubs. A little trimming would solve the issue but I definitely would not clear 35"s without severe rub.
That's unfortunate. I'm running 33's with a 2" level on my 2012 and have a tiny bit of room to spare before I'd rub.

·
Banned
2,562 Posts
07+ are a bit different, im not a fan of the square wheel wells. You need more lift to fit the same tire.. I am running 9" of lift and can fit 40" tires; however i have 17 x 9's with 4.5" backspacing (i have an 05) and at 6" of lift i had to trim a bit in the front

·
Registered
311 Posts
Generally speaking for 35's to not rub you'll need 6-7.5" depending on backspacing. Both RCX and BDS suggest 35's with I believe 4-5" of back spacing (depending on the wheel width) to clear 35's.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Dmanj said:
Are you on stock wheels? His wheels have a low offset which is why he's rubbing.
No, I have method fat five's (black five spoke) +12 offset. The outside corner of the tire is just barely inside the fender/wheel well. So lower than stock but not low.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I needed 8" of lift and still had to trim the plastic inner fender so I wouldn't rub at full lock when backing up.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
RIPPEDK20 said:
07+ are a bit different, im not a fan of the square wheel wells. You need more lift to fit the same tire.. I am running 9" of lift and can fit 40" tires; however i have 17 x 9's with 4.5" backspacing (i have an 05) and at 6" of lift i had to trim a bit in the front
40's? My 37's on 17x9 with maxed keys on a 6.5" lift w/ body look pretty big on the truck :shock:

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have 35" Toyos with what I believe is a 4" lift but I have also been told it is a 6" lift...That will be a topic soon once I get some better pictures of the suspension...Front wind deflector is trimmed. Only rubs when fully cranked and hits a bump.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.