Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys quick question, I just put a super 40 flowmaster in my truck but it just isn’t loud enough, any recommendations to make it louder?? I was thinking maybe removing the 3rd cat. Don’t know to much about this stuff.

·
Premium Member
2009 5.3l 6l80
4,956 Posts
I was running a 40 series and no third car for a while. It might be a little louder but not going to be twice as loud or anything like that.

Get them to weld in a cutout in the place of the 3rd cat and you can open it and close it when you want

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
Hey guys quick question, I just put a super 40 flowmaster in my truck but it just isn’t loud enough, any recommendations to make it louder?? I was thinking maybe removing the 3rd cat. Don’t know to much about this stuff.
I too enjoy the rumbling growl of a V8 engine. I have a catback exhaust system installed by my dealership and a CAI manufactured by K&N, which I installed myself. It's loud enough to make casual conversation in the cab difficult if I'm accelerating quickly from a stop or to go around a pokey driver. However, I find I accelerate quickly less and less with the passing of each birthday; must be an old fart thing. :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts