Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Automotive tire Bicycle part Rim Automotive exterior Watch
Font Auto part Bicycle part Gun accessory Automotive exterior
I have a 2010 Chevy Silverado 1500, at first I thought I just needed a new tilt lever on the steering column but with further inspection the tilt mechanism has broke. Which does not allow my to push in a new lever. The GM part number is 26090202. I have attach a picture of the part, I just can't figure out how to replace it.

·
Registered
2004 Sierra 3500 6.0L, auto, extended cab, cab&chassis, upgraded to 4wd
2,182 Posts
If nobody will more knowledge chimes in, you might consider:
-searching youtube for steering column repairs for your year/make truck
-getting a subscription to the full-service manual for your truck at a site like alldatadiy.com or Do it Yourself Automobile Repair Manuals - Mitchell 1 DIY . If you are diagnosing and/or repairing your vehicle, I highly recommend this, as it has the info you need to do that (course, for lots of stuff you need specialized tools, particularly a good computer for connecting to the truck's diagnostic system).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If nobody will more knowledge chimes in, you might consider:
-searching youtube for steering column repairs for your year/make truck
-getting a subscription to the full-service manual for your truck at a site like alldatadiy.com or Do it Yourself Automobile Repair Manuals - Mitchell 1 DIY . If you are diagnosing and/or repairing your vehicle, I highly recommend this, as it has the info you need to do that (course, for lots of stuff you need specialized tools, particularly a good computer for connecting to the truck's diagnostic system).
Yeah I have searched all over uTube and the web, I couldn't find anything. This was a last resort.

·
Premium Member
2009 5.3l 6l80
4,978 Posts
The knee bolster will need to be removed. You have to pull the little plastic level on the outside of the column out of that part you posted first then take the plastic cover off to access the lever.. after that surely its straight forward.

I haven't done it before.

·
Registered
2004 Sierra 3500 6.0L, auto, extended cab, cab&chassis, upgraded to 4wd
2,182 Posts
Haynes is worthless for anything but basic repairs. I posted links to two different sites that you can subscribe to the full-service manual for the truck.

To compare how detailed the FSM is compared to haynes

The haynes manual for every vehicle is basically the same number of pages, of thick, heavy paper, and with most generic info shared by all their manuals.

The full-service manual for my '04 Sierra (I bought the paper version, online is the same info), is 5 old-school, 3" thick telephone books, of thin paper so about 2000 pages per book.

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
I have not worked on this one, but have worked on some. They are generally not difficult, but are time consuming. I know this is going to sound stupid, but it is just the way of it. You may be able to do it in the truck with parts scattered in your lap and on the floor. It will suck!

Step 1 remove column from vehicle. Step 2 disassemble until you reach the component you wish to replace. Step 3 reassemble.

Font Rectangle Auto part Parallel Event

1 - 9 of 9 Posts