Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently bought a roll of white l.e.d lights for the bed of my truck to go under the ton eau cover, but I just can't run the stupid wiring, I figure its the same for a topper that you somehow have to go through one stake pocket to the other, but I can't get it. If anyone could help with this that would be great! Thanks!

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
This is how i did it

1. connect the ACC power for your trailer wiring. There is a constant 12 V in the 7 pin trailer wiring and the ACC wire is sometimes taped up under the hood and you have to connect it.
2. Drop the tailgate and pull out the tail lights.
3. Clean with rubbing alchohol under the bed rails and stick the strips to the rails. (i used a ruler to help me feed them over the supports) The wires will be popping in from the top near the tail light holes.
4. Connect the ground from the strips to the black ground wires for the reverse lights.
5. connect a wire from the ACC wire in step 1 to a switch that you will install in the side of the bed.
6. Run a wire from the closed side of the switch to the left side of the bed and connect to the driver side LED strip.
7. Connect the power wire from the passenger side LED strip to the closed side of the switch.
8. Install ACC fuse under the hood and try your lights.

I built my strips the same way you did. I have a NNBS but i believe the wires should be very similiar.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok thanks for the reply, taking the tailights off proved to make this task a whole heck of a lot easier!! i just taped into the horn fuse i believe, and ran the wire down the frame and up through the stake pockets. still a PITA getting from the front stake pocket to the back one, but after a lot of patience i got it. still havent gotten the leds in the mail yet but i got all the wiring set up. thanks for all the help!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.