Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help. I have a 2004 Sierra and I was easy to remove the cluster from the dashboard, but now I am having trouble getting all the clips free to disassemble the panel. There are 2 covered clips for the front cover that seem easy enough to get apart if you just slip a screwdriver behind the plastic, but there is no space for the clip to come undone. I attached a picture where I am pointing at the 2 clips that just won't budge.

Anyone else having this problem? Please help before I throw this against the wall. :eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jordan, Thanks for posting the video. I watched it and all the others on YouTube before posting the question. The gauge cluster in the video is different from mine and doesn't have the mysteriously un-clippable clips. Hopefully someone with a similar year/cluster of mine will be able to help.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Nice, I will be using this to help a buddy fix his 02 Silverado.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This video does show the right year, however, he jumps over the 2 clips at 1:39 in the video that I can't get off. Darn...taking the cluster apart was supposed to be the easy part. What have I got myself into?!?

·
Registered
423 Posts
Take a wide flat blade screwdriver and put it between the lens and the housing and twist. It will come loose then. That is how I have done all mine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.