Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a 2014 Silverado Z71 double cab and wanted to replace the crap stock vinyl mats. I previously owned a set of Nifty Catch-it Floor liners for my 11' & 12' Silverado, See my Nifty Catch-it Review here. I wasn't really impressed with them, so I was debating on going with either Weatherbeaters or Weather Techs. I picked the Husky's because of the price point and prior experience.

I've had some experience with the Weatherbeaters before, purchased a set for my ex's focus. I picked them(front & rear) up from Autoanything.com, $127.96 shipped. I can't say enough about autoanything, they've always given me great service and fast shipping.

Comparison of stock mat verses weatherbeaters

These things cover tons of carpet. The front mats go pretty far up the firewall and cover over half the door sills. The back mat protects a good chunk of carpet. Like the front mats the rear overlaps the sills and provides coverage under the front seats. I'm extremely happy with them so far.

Pros
-No movement what so ever(Drivers side uses the OEM floor mat anchor plus "retainer nubs")
-Cover tons of restate
-Overlap door sills
-Fit perfectly
-Great price

Cons
-none so far

I'm extremely happy with the mats and would recommend them to everybody.

·
Registered
7,399 Posts
Thanks for the review! Suppose there was a pool of water on the drivers mat from melted snow. Do you think the design would allow a person to pull the mat and dump the water without having it spill on the carpet when you picked up the mat?

·
Registered
413 Posts
With all the talk about weather tech I some times forget about Husky. I'll have to look into a set of those.

·
Registered
546 Posts
we had huskies in our jeep and they did the job but after about 2+ years they started to curl on the edges and looked like crap. we went with weather techs in our yukon and now the truck and i really like how they stay down on the floor but the one complaint i have is when you get a bunch of crap in them (water, slush, mud...etc) its a circus act to get them out without dumping it in the floor. they are such hard plastic that its nearly impossible to fold them for removal.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Silvery13 said:
Thanks for the review! Suppose there was a pool of water on the drivers mat from melted snow. Do you think the design would allow a person to pull the mat and dump the water without having it spill on the carpet when you picked up the mat?
They're a little too stiff to be able to pull them out without spilling, plus they take a little shoehorning to get them in the foot wells.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
burls said:
I just picked up a 2014 Silverado Z71 double cab and wanted to replace the crap stock vinyl mats. I previously owned a set of Nifty Catch-it Floor liners for my 11' & 12' Silverado, See my Nifty Catch-it Review here. I wasn't really impressed with them, so I was debating on going with either Weatherbeaters or Weather Techs. I picked the Husky's because of the price point and prior experience.

I've had some experience with the Weatherbeaters before, purchased a set for my ex's focus. I picked them(front & rear) up from Autoanything.com, $127.96 shipped. I can't say enough about autoanything, they've always given me great service and fast shipping.
Great Write Up and THANK YOU for tell others about our service.

Tom
AutoAnything

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.