Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not ready to do it yet but was reading about the new i-1 pro charger looks pretty interesting except maybe the 2000 additional charge over a normal superchargerset up. I read on pro charger that is was supposed to be out in sept for our trucks. Just seeing if any one has bit the bullit and bought one yet. My first choice is a Whipple. Just like not having all the plumbing issues with a pro charger.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I just posted in the 5.3 section but I just now came across this and haven't been able to find a setup for any trucks yet. Amazing concept at an ridiculous price though.

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
One can always stick with the pro charger system that has been available for a while. Not sure the new programmable i-1 unit is really worth the cost, unless you just have to have something like that for ego and bragging rights.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Copperhead said:
One can always stick with the pro charger system that has been available for a while. Not sure the new programmable i-1 unit is really worth the cost, unless you just have to have something like that for ego and bragging rights.
Yeah it is a hefty price. I get the reasoning behind it. Keep it tame for your daily use and if you want to let it rip down the track you can easily change it up. Even for the price of the original system I could get an L9H put in. They're just so damn hard to find!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Copperhead said:
I randomly came across this thread, and wanted to give my .02 :)

I actually had a ProCharger D-1SC (with House of Boost dedicated drive bracket) on my truck for ages.
I sold it and replaced it with a i-1 ProCharger, and its pretty dang awesome.

The touch screen is neat the turn the blower "down" if your in a drive through and don't want the sound of the blower whistle, aiding to your order getting messed up. LOL. Plus when I tow I can easily turn the boost down, to be nicer on the transmission. (Or turn it off, and lock it when my GF drives it)

I was 242 rwhp before the blower, and 430rwhp after the blower. (100% stock truck, 190,700 miles on it, even stock muffler and cats)
I am sure I could get more out of it on 8.5 or 9psi. But so far 8psi has treated me well for years and years, so why change it now. :)

Since its my daily driver, I don't wash it much, and hardly take any photos of it, but here are some off my cell phone

·
Registered
50 Posts
That's awesome. I didn't know they sold kits for our trucks. I have had my eye on the i-1 since its debut for the Camero a few years back. Pretty sweet setup, but as others said a pricey setup.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Well damn. Looks like I'll be saving up a little longer. I didn't even consider turning it off completely for certain situations. 430 to the wheels with a 5.3 is nuts. I have LT headers and exhaust...I'm sure I could get a bit more once it's tuned right ;) I'm glad you posted your 2 cents.

·
Registered
398 Posts
TheSVTKid said:
I actually had a ProCharger D-1SC (with House of Boost dedicated drive bracket) on my truck for ages.
I sold it and replaced it with a i-1 ProCharger, and its pretty dang awesome.

The touch screen is neat the turn the blower "down" if your in a drive through and don't want the sound of the blower whistle, aiding to your order getting messed up. LOL. Plus when I tow I can easily turn the boost down, to be nicer on the transmission. (Or turn it off, and lock it when my GF drives it)

I was 242 rwhp before the blower, and 430rwhp after the blower. (100% stock truck, 190,700 miles on it, even stock muffler and cats)
I am sure I could get more out of it on 8.5 or 9psi. But so far 8psi has treated me well for years and years, so why change it now. :)

Since its my daily driver, I don't wash it much, and hardly take any photos of it, but here are some off my cell phone
Where did you get yours from? So you had a separate kit for the D-1 and just added the i-1 later? How much was that on it's own? If you don't mind me asking. I can't seem to find any complete setups right now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.