Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My in-laws have a 1998 Chevy Silverado 1500 350 5.6 Vortec engine. About 2 months ago their fuel pump went out and my BIL replaced it. Everything has been fine, but the last couple weeks or so the truck will turn over and start right up first thing in the morning. But after that though out the day they have to continually crank it on and off say 20 times then it will finally start.

So searching and reading on here I figured it was the Fuel Pressure Regulator. Changed that over the weekend and it didn't fix it.

The fuel pressure gauge we had on hand was for a Ford and didn't fit correctly, but was able to get a reading of 60psi, but it would leak the pressure pretty quickly since it didn't fit right.

Once the truck is started it will run fine and never miss. Only at starting when the truck is warm.

What is strange and found this by mistake is if it won't start I can take of the black cap on the fuel line and bleed the pressure out and it will start every time.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ask and find out. He is very thorough so if it came with the pump I am positive he changed it. I wasn't there when that was replaced.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.