Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In some cases I enjoy saving a little money and doing things myself. In all past vehicles; I've been able to easily find videos on YouTube to do pretty much anything on any of my vehicles.
Here's what I need to do on my 2014 1/2 ton 5.3L:

Low speed ABS is kicking in. Very scary to NOT be able to stop when slowly pulling into a parking spot! Told I probably have a cracked wheel speed sensor ring and need a new hub. Where's a video on how to change a wheel hub?

Truck is beginning to idle rough or stumble at idle or stumble when coming to an abrupt stop in traffic. Dad says that's sometimes a dirty IAC. Easy to pull and clean up. Is there a video somewhere?

Dealership says, "yikes, 84,000 miles on your 2014 already... you must drive a lot". You should have your trans fluid changed along with front and rear diffs and transfer case. Again, to save hundreds I'd like to at least see how involved that is on these new trucks.

I find it weird that I can't find YouTube videos for these items. Are there none? Is it impossible to wrench on simple tasks on these new Silverados?

Thanks for any help,
Matt

· Registered
1,852 Posts
Low speed ABS activation is probably rust under the front wheel speed sensors. Common in the rust belt and a free fix.

There is no IAC on your truck, try cleaning the throttle body and MAF, there are a few threads here on it.

Also some DIY threads here on trans service if you search for them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.