Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was heading to work this morning at 5:00 am doing 75mph and a small import car decided to change lanes into the side of my truck. I was in the middle lane and he pulled into my right side. He bounced off the running board and did a 180* (funny, I could hear the tries squealing just like on TV) and he hit the guard rail with his passenger side, I saw taillights and dirt flying in my rearview mirror. I pulled over and called "On Star". Cars and trucks slowed down while I was on the phone. I then walked back to the guard rail in the dark and low and behold the car was gone! The guard rail is caved in and there is dirt all over where he hit it, but no car.
So I checked out my truck and the passenger running board is scraped up and tire marks on it, but that is all I saw in the dark. I don't even know what kind of car it was.
The Washington State Trooper said it is amazing the number of "Hit and Run" accidents there are between 2:00 and 6:00 am. It seems they are either drunk or no insurance.
The bottom line is I am glad I was in my truck this morning and not the wife's BMW. All I felt was a bump like someone slammed a door. It is nice having more mass than the little guy! Looks like all I will need is a running board.
I will post a picture later

·
Premium Member
6,959 Posts
Holy cow. Glad you're OK!

·
Registered
7,399 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,346 Posts
firefighter3215 said:
The Washington State Trooper said it is amazing the number of "Hit and Run" accidents there are between 2:00 and 6:00 am. It seems they are either drunk or no insurance.
On a Sunday morning, just after the bars have closed? Who'd-a-thunk? Seriously, glad you are ok. LSA drivers piss me off to no end.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.